Sedation Dentist in Leander
At Apple Springs Family Dentistry, we do everything we can to make your visit to our practice as comfortable and worry-free as possible. That being said, we know that some people are dealing with unique circumstances that make them nervous or wary about visiting the dentist. If you are one of those patients, we offer sedation dentistry to help you get the dental care you need.
Reasons to Consider Sedation Dentistry:
- You have very real fear or anxiety about going to the dentist.
- You have sensitive teeth or are dealing with painful teeth.
- You have a bad gag reflex.
- You find it difficult to remain still, or you cannot sit comfortably in a dental chair, for lengthy periods of time.
- You are afraid of needles and your treatment requires them.
- You are worried about pain from your treatment or from keeping your mouth open for an extended period of time.
- You need a complex treatment, or a lot of work done, that would otherwise take multiple visits.
Nitrous Oxide/Laughing Gas
Nitrous oxide is one of the most commonly used sedation methods in dentistry. While under laughing gas, you’ll still be able to respond and breathe on your own. Sometimes, patients feel so relaxed that they even fall asleep!
- Works great for patients with mild to moderate dental anxiety
- Is administered by inhaling through a comfortable mask
- Takes effect rapidly
- Leaves your system quickly so you can head home feeling back to normal
Oral Conscious Sedation
Oral conscious sedation is another safe and effective way to help patients feel at ease. Like nitrous oxide, you’ll remain fully conscious with this sedation technique although some patients do fall asleep because of how relaxed they feel.
- Relieves dental phobia and anxiety
- Is administered through a prescribed pill taken around an hour before your visit
- Results in such a deep level of relaxation that some patients may not remember their appointment
- Will wear off completely within 24 hours after your appointment